Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Not What i Can do For Him, but Who i am With Him.

Isaiah 66:1-2
Thus says the Lord,
"Heaven (is) My throne
And earth (is) My footstool
Where (is) the house that you will build Me?
And where (is) the place of My rest?
For all those (things) My hand has made
And all those (things) exist"
Says the Lord.

"But on this (one) will I look
On (him who is) poor and of a contrite spirit
And who trembles at My word.


This passage talks about how we tend to focus on what we can do or build for God. The reality is that there is nothing that we can do or build for Him that will please Him. He already has it all. He created it all. But the one thing that He does look at and desires from us/his people at the time is that we are/they were poor (depressed in mind or circumstances; also translated humble) and of a contrite (maimed, [figuratively] dejected) spirit and who trembles (afraid, reverence) at My word.

We want to do great things. God wants us to seek and fear Him. When we seek and fear Him, He can use us to do great things. But when we try to do it our way, we inevitably fail.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You are so right!!
Nothing can be done without us first acknowledging that we can't do anything without God. He is our firm foundation. Praise the Lord!!!