Friday, September 23, 2005

Birthday Survey

LIFE: INSPIRATIONS
Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? 
Some of my client's parents... It's no wonder they have the problems they do.  A lawyer or politician i can handle... a parent who is messing up their kids life and all they can think about is themselves... that makes me insane.

Who would you want to go to lunch with?  Hmm.  That's an interesting question.  Are you asking about the living or anyone in history? 
In present times: probably a recent Christian author such as James Dobson (i know dbackdad is going to give me a hard time for that).  I would like to talk to some of these authors about book ideas and such. 
In History: the easy answer would have to be Jesus as number 1.  Next would probably be the apostle John.  His writings really have a lot to say and i know for a fact that there's so much more there that i'm missing.

Are you a leader or a follower?  I can do both, although i tend to follow more than lead.  Actually i tend to like to be my own person not really following or leading, and i tend to get nervous when other people follow me. 

You receive (in the mail, of course) a one-hour pass to the Throne Room and a sitting with Jesus. You are allowed two questions. What do you ask? -- I don't know.  At this point i don't think that there is any real questions that i need answers to.  Recently my relationship with Christ has really felt strained and distant and it has been difficult for me to spend the quality time with Him that i really need to.  So i think that it would be good to be able to spend that one hour just sitting in His presence spending time with him.

What characteristic do you despise?  I'd have to say selfishness & pride - after working with kids and seeing how selfish parents can mess them up it really infuriates me

What conditions make you feel closest to God? – When i'm at the end of my rope and am dead tired.  When i have nothing left to give and it's not enough.  When i'm at my worst and i cry out to God and just spend time in His presence praising and worshiping or just resting.  That's when i feel closest to God.

What was the most recent compliment you received and savored? 
Actually, my little sister and i both realized that we aren't very good at giving or receiving compliments.  So as for savoring i can't say that i've done that in a while.  The most recent compliment was when the doctor here said to one of my clients during a treatment team meeting that i may be one of the best therapists in the facility. 

What was your favorite subject in school? 
That depends on the school.  In highschool it was my pottery and sculpting classes. 
At *IT it was probably cermics.
At the Bible college it was any Bro. Fount class or Marriage and Family. 
In my masters program it was usually most classes led by the three primary Counseling professors although my cultural perspectives class with a person that they flew in from South Africa was really, really good as well.

1 comment:

dbackdad said...

Hey JC, it's your survey. I would not dream of judging it. And I think you would probably be a positive influence on James Dobson. :-)