Monday, August 28, 2006

Old Notes Make Way for New Ones...

I have just recently finished filling up an old devotional/sermon notes notebook and before really getting into a new one i wanted to go through and highlight some of what i thought were key notes. Due to wanting to limit my space, this is just a sampling of my notes. You can read all of the posted ones at my googlepages page.
Keep in mind, some of these things are not necessarily statements of complete truth so much as my thoughts at the time.

Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord...

What does it mean to Love the Lord our God with all our heart, (soul, mind, and strength)?
OT Heart = center of a man = person = core of a man = seat of the will = the whole man
Broken (Crushed) Heart = Humility & Repentance
Fat & Uncircumcised Heart = Failure to recognize & respond to God = complacent (come from pride?)
Hardened Heart = Failure to accept God's will (turn away)


Men vs. Women

Men find the solutions to womens problems
Men are always looking to fix things for women when much of the time women just want men to find them

Women find the solutions to mens problems
Women are constantly trying to fix men for themselves, when much of the time men want women just to accept and respect them.


O, Lord my God...
when i in awesome wonder consider all the worlds thy hand has made.
I see the storms. I hear the rolling thunder. Your fire throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee. How great thou art.


Job 23:6

Would He contend with me in His great power?
No! But He would take note of me!

Job thinks that God isn't paying attention?
God already has noticed him. That's why he's in this mess!


There's much more to see. Check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Oh, Lord, my God" the line is "I see the stars". Look it up and chew me out. LOL Alison