Saturday, August 05, 2006

Rage Against the Machine

I posted this on my MySpace blog on Thursday... What Mike commented in my last post is exactly along the lines of this.

This morning i woke up from a not so great dream and was thinking some more about anger. In my dream i had gotten completely fed up with a bunch of crap people were giving me and i blew up. It reminded me how much anger comes from pain.
When God created us, he created us with amazing abilities to protect ourselves. One of the ways a person is able to protect themself is through anger. When someone is hurt or in pain, many times it is not possible for that person to express that hurt or by doing so it would cause a great deal of problems. As a result they turn that pain into anger in an attempt to protect themself.
Ephesians 4:26 says to "Be angry, but do not sin". Anger in and of itself is not sin. Anger is a feeling. It's what we do with that anger that can be sin.

Just something to keep in mind and remember for when you need it.

No comments: