Sunday, May 01, 2005

Classics Old and New

It's funny how many "classic" movies i have never see. I just turned on the telly and Hannibal is on. I've seen bits and pieces of it, but never all the way through. It's the same with The Godfather. Considering it is such a guy movie and i am proud of my Italian/Sicilian heritage, you would thing that i'd have seen it all the way through. What other "classics" have a missed? Some i have seen and recommend in no particular order;
Harvey - Hard to find, but definitely an excellent movie
The Passion of the Christ - No comment needed
Star Wars - All currently out... the classics are still the best
The Fiddler on the Roof - My all-time favorite musical. It works so well on so many levels
Short Circuit I & II - Not quite serious classics, but great none the less.
The Matrix - A little over the top, but it really makes you think... the first one does
Rain Man - Now that was a good movie!
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail - Great comedy classic
The Princess Bride - "Anybody want a peanut?" Too many quotes, too little time!
The Lord of the Rings trilogy - Peter Jackson really did some amazing things. I just wish that he hadn't edited out to his own liking the real ending to The Return of the King

I could go on and on in this list, but i think that i'll stop there.

No comments: