Saturday, August 20, 2005

Why Evolution Fails: The arguments and research

I haven't posted on this topic for a bit now. After some of comments that were left on previous posts in this series i realized that i had really hit some nerves for a couple of people. I had decided that since many posters seemed to think that the only way that what i have to say could be anywhere near true is if i had multiple sources to quote to back me up. So i was going to do a bunch of research for each post and find lots of pages and people whose views backed up my beliefs, but then i realized that with the limited time i have to actually do this is limited to about 45 minutes to an hour max in the mornings on weekdays and a little more time on the weekends (i'm not getting paid in any way and when i am at work i have work that i need to get done and can't sit around all day researching on the internet. My job actually requires me to do something after all). Added to that is the fact that i could do all kinds of research and find all kinds of support for what i say, but then the writing becomes about "the experts" and their opinions vs. other "experts". Now that's exciting isn't! So i've decided to keep doing what i'm doing the way that i'm doing it.

If commenters are going to demand that i backup what i say with "expert opinion" and "research" in order to argue the "expert opinions" and "research" that they use to support their side, then they can. Eventually i will do and add the research, but for now i just don't have the extra time. I want this to be an excercise in writing and an outlet for me to express my views and opinions.

I will not close the comments on my posts so those who agree and disagree with me can still state their opinions and views, but understand that just because you or i can find "experts" and "research" to support our views does not make it correct. I may have to write a post on why "science", "research", "experts", "statistics", etc. are not infallible as they like to act like or think that they are.

No comments: